What if you and the school don’t agree on whether your child qualifies for special education or you disagree on how your child’s needs should be met? You have the right to resolve your disagreements through due process, or fair procedures. This may be done through mediation or hearings.

At mediation, you meet with public school district representatives and an impartial third person, called a “MEDIATOR”. The mediator listens to both sides and helps you reach an agreement that everyone can live with.

Translate »